Family Coach Training Course for Beginners
Running June through October
This exciting interactive course provides training in basic coaching skills to support the care of Blessed Families in our community.
When will the webinar sessions take place?
- Free Information Session: May 19, 2018 11 am EST
- Course starts in June, two Saturdays a month, at 11 am EST
- This is convenient for the West Coast, Europe and Eastern Europe and we will record the sessions for participants from Asia
How much will it cost?
- $350 for 10 webinars and all course materials over five months, $20 Registration fee
- May 20th is a FREE introduction
- $70 will be charged to you through PayPal each month for 5 months
Scholarships for Pastors and BFM Coordinators
- The BFM is offering scholarships of 50% off the tuition for the course for anyone serving as a Pastor or BFM Coordinator
- Scholarship recipients will pay only $35 a month to participate in the course
- To receive the scholarship simply select “Pastor” or “BFM Coordinator” when you register for the course, and the discount will be automatically applied to your monthly fee for the course
What can I hope to gain from the training?
- Confidence to have practical knowledge and effective skills to offer to help those who come to you for guidance and support
- Insight into the source of and possible solution to a wide range of problems you are likely to encounter as a coach
- A network of fellow learners to draw upon for your professional and personal development during and after the course
- Continuing education opportunities after the course, to gain further expertise as a Communications Coach and Relationship Coach
What will the training cover?
- How to initially interview someone to clarify a central issue to work on together
- How to ask helpful questions and listen carefully so as to guide the person towards their own answers
- Setting realistic and action-oriented goals, keeping the person accountable to them, and giving them effective tasks to work on between times with you
- Important skills to cultivate such as healthy communication, self-awareness, self-management and self-care
- Basic tools for identifying causes and dealing with emotional wounds
- Identifying childhood wounds and the “masks” people adopt to survive in a world of conditional love that prevent us from reaching our full potential to live a fulfilling life
- How to foster an attitude of ownership of personal struggles and self-sabotaging behavior and take responsibility for doing internal work instead of blaming others
- Unconditional love and how to practice it
How is this training program presented?
- All material will be taught through interactive 90-minute online webinars twice a month
- You will receive practical homework to help you digest your learning between webinars
- You can practice coaching with other learners and receive peer feedback
I am not a professional, but love working with people and have some experience. Am I qualified for this training?
- This is tailored especially for you! We can answer your questions at the free introductory webinar so you can see how this is right for you.
Aren’t I too old to go back to school?
- Our course material is presented in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Participants can work in teams, and you can receive the feedback and the support you need in your studies and practice
- Your age and maturity give you priceless wisdom to better absorb what you are learning
Who are the Instructors?
Hilde Wiemann is a Family and Relationship Coach certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), and has trained with CoachU Coach University, The Relationship Institute of David Steele, Real Love Coaching of Dr. Greg Baer, Prepare and Enrich Marriage Program of Life Innovations, Inc. and in Attachment Therapy.
Drawing from her years of training at all these schools, numerous seminars and continued education, and personal investment in professional development over the last 25 years, Hilde has developed new, transparent and effective protocols that she will share with the course participants.
As the founder of Generational Healing, Hilde has designed the unique and groundbreaking Family Healing Session protocol, which has successfully helped many families to improve and heal challenging relationships, and achieve intimacy they never knew was possible.
Hilde is a gentle and intuitive facilitator and a teacher of authentic family communication and intimacy. She has traveled extensively in the United States, Mexico, Europe and Asia to conduct seminars and Family Healing Sessions. Her goal is to share her important discoveries by training others as Communication, Relationship and Family Coaches and thus help many more families in need.
John R. Williams is a licensed Mental Health Counselor, with a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy and a Masters in Religious Education. He has received training in Real Love from Dr. Greg Baer, Survival Skills for Families from Family Wellness, Imago Education from Imago Relationship Therapy and How to Avoid Falling for a Jerk from Dr. John Van Epp. He is well versed in PREP (Preventative Relationship Enhancement Program), Michelle Wiener Davis' Divorce Busting approach and many other programs.
John has been an instructor for counseling and marriage programs at the University of Bridgeport and the Unification Theological Seminary. John has helped develop curricula used nationwide for marriage preparation as well as addiction recovery and he has presented to professional and lay audiences worldwide. He is the co-author of Educating for True Love (2006) and contributing author to Cultivating Heart and Character: Educating for Life's Most Essential Goals (2000).
The resident counselor at High Noon, a non-profit initiative for pornography education and recovery, John was also the founding director of the Blessed Marriage Project that sponsors marriage enrichment retreats. Known for his disarming humor and empathetic approach, John offers his coaching practice at JohnRWilliams.org.